History & Heritage in Wandoan District
- Juandah Historical Site – located on Windeyer Road, is the original site of the Juandah Head Station established in the late 1840’s and is the heart of a settlement later known as Wandoan.
- Wandoan Heritage Stone – located at the Community Cultural Centre on Henderson Road, is a huge piece of sandstone with the history of the district depicted on its face.
- Mick the Dog Sculpture – located at O’Sullivan Park on Zupp Road, is a sculpture and mosaic that captures the story of a loyal cattle dog who rescued his master, Sid McCorry, on Juandah Station at the turn of the 19th century.
- Wandoan War Memorial – located at Memorial Park on Henderson Road, is a black marble cairn in front of a white wall with seven plaques honouring the battles involving Australians.
- Wandoan Stone War Memorial – located at the Lions Park on Royd Street, a large stone memorial in recognition of all the ex-service men and women from the district.
- Juandah Cemetery Reserve – located on Windeyer Road, just south of the Juandah Stock Yards. Local research has revealed four grave sites at this location dating back to the early pioneers.
- Arnold Street Cemetery Reserve – located on Hamlyn Street, this cemetery contains the graves of some of the earliest pioneers including three marked graves and three unmarked. Those that are marked date back to the early 1900’s: Mr Walsh who died in 1920; a 3 month old infant named James who was the son of John Nipps, an Aboriginal Stockman from Juandah Station and Mr August Nelson, a railway worker who was struck by lightning in 1913.