Download the mobile app now!

History & Heritage in Dalby District


  • Cactoblastis Cairn (Marble Street) – on the Myall Parklands Walkway, is a monument to the Cactoblastis Moth that eradicated the devastating Prickly Pear.
  • Dalby War Memorial Gates and Digger (Patrick Street) – in the ANZAC Park features sandstone memorial gate pillars and a larger than life statue of an Australian Infantry Soldier and is one of only two in Queensland cast in Bronze.


  • World War II Signatures – located at ‘The Bun’ Pub, features a panel of wall with signatures of local soldiers before their departure for WWII.
  • Kaimkillenbun War Memorial Digger – located at the corner of Isabelle and Delacey Streets, this memorial was erected by the people of Kaimkillenbun and district in memory of the brave men who fought and fell in the battles of WWI, WWII and the Vietnam War.
  • Cumkillenbah Cemetery – located on Willis Road, Kaimkillenbun, this little cemetery dates from 1861 to 1957 and is the resting place of our pioneers.


  • Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic Church and Biblical Gardens – located on Cassidy Street is a beautiful garden containing living examples of many of the trees and plants mentioned in the Bible. The gardens also showcase an impressive and varied collection of artworks from quirky pieces created from old timber, steel and barbed wire to the more traditionally inspired mosaics. The Church exhibits a series of paintings portraying the pictorial history if salvation created by local Bell artist, Meg Cullen.
  • Bell Railway Heritage Parkland – located at Dennis Street, the historic Bell railway Station was first established in 1905.
  • Bullock Wagon – located at the Bell Showgrounds is the original bullock wagon belonging to a teamster who resided in Kaimkillenbun in the early 1900’s. The wagon was used from the early 1900’s to the 1920’s to take provisions from Dalby west toward St George.
  • Bell War Memorial – located in the ANZAC Memorial Park, this monument commemorates the battles of WWI, WWII, the Malayan Emergency and the Vietnam War. The monument carries a total of 219 names including 31 killed signifying the contribution from a township with such a small population.




For more information on experiencing the Western Downs contact one of our friendly Visitor Information Centres
Ph: 1300 COUNCIL (1300 268 624)
(07) 4679 4000 for interstate callers or email:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

* Indicates required